Friday, 2 December 2016

Day 337 - More Shopping


Money Spent Today - £3.32
Vouchers/Coupons/Points Spent - 0
All the £328.71 Budget Now Gone
Vouchers/Coupons/Points Spent in Total - £351.75
Money left in Housekeeping Fund - 0
In the Red by -  £48.89

I went shopping today after a trip to the cinema with Jason to see A Street Cat Named Bob.  It was the first time for Jason seeing it and the second time for me ... it was just as good the second time around :-)

After the cinema he headed off home to Preston in Lancashire and I nipped over to Tesco.  I needed something not pictured here for this celebratory weekend  (hence the full receipt not being shown), but I also knew that The Trussell Trust are having a BIG Neighbourhood Food collection at ALL Tesco's in the UKfrom1st to the 3rd December, and I really wanted to do my bit.


When you go in you are given or can ask for their ideal shopping list, I decided to buy three of everything on the list ...


... as you can see from the list it didn't cost me that much and will hopefully be of good use to someone less fortunate than myself.  You don't have to buy that much, you could just buy one or two items, and basics lines are perfectly acceptable.  Just imagine how much food they would get if every shopper in the three days donated just ONE thing.

I spent £3.32 on some crisps and bananas.  I don't know why but I just fancied some crisps for the weekend ... possibly something to do with the two bottles of wine in the cupboard ;-)

3 comments:

  1. What a nice thing to do! Between your food donation and the clothing you purchased for Chris, you are showing the true spirit of the season.

    I don't know if you have the Salvation Army in the UK. But every Christmas they collect money in red kettles outside various grocery and other retailers. I'm making a point to put in money every time I see a red kettle even if on some days like today it is a small amount.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing tesco's big food bank collection. We have been able to donate thanks to you sharing coz I didnt know about it before you said anything.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are now closed.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.