Thursday, 1 December 2016

Day 336 - Buying Salad Stuff


Money Spent Today - £6.61
Vouchers/Coupons/Points Spent - 0
All the £328.71 Budget Now Gone
Vouchers/Coupons/Points Spent in Total - £351.75
Money left in Housekeeping Fund - 0
In the Red by -  £45.57

I bought all the above, plus one four pint bottle of milk, which I had already put in the fridge, yesterday.  I have been craving salad stuff, and although there was a few spring onions, some mixed leaves and some kohlrabi in the polytunnel I thought I would go mad and buy some fresh things for the fridge.

I have just lost the last of my homegrown celery to the frost, such a shame I should have covered them sooner with fleece, but even that might not have worked as it was down to -3 degrees inside the polytunnel this morning.

I just scrolled back through all the 'Shopping' posts to see when the last time I bought a cucumber was and it was on the 17th July!!  That's not bad at all considering that until recently we have been eating a minimum of four a week.



3 comments:

  1. Wow, must be nice to have lots of vouchers still:) You are my inspiration for next year, try and pay off the mortgage and do only food shopping with saved cash/vouchers. Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I have no vouchers left, well just a £1 Tesco one. That was a 'copy and paste' error. Corrected now 😊

      Delete
  2. Cucumber is the most popular item in our house! My younger soon will eat 5-6 full sized English cucumbers/week. We have grown them before (we're in California, so plenty of sun), but the growing season is shorter without a polytunnel. We're renting, but it's my dream to have one when we go back to our own home. Do you grow full sized cucumber or the smaller (Persian) kind?

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are now closed.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.