Wednesday, 30 November 2016

Day 335 - Warming Soup


It just had to be soup for lunch and tea today ... it was soooo cold outside. 

Working in the polytunnel for as long as I could bear it, (it was -3 degrees), to clear away all the frost damaged plants, and cover what I could salvage with an extra layer of fleece left me feeling chilled to the bone.


As soon as I came in I put the radio on and set to chopping everything up, including the little leeks that I had brought back from the polytunnel with me.  I also brought over a cabbage, so some of the outer and most damaged leaves went to the chickens and a couple of good dark ones were chopped and added to the soup along with an onion from the fridge.

I used the last of some Vegetable Soup from the fridge for my lunch and then took myself off to the cinema to see 'Bad Santa 2', not the best film in the world, but I thawed out nicely while I was sat in the cinema.


By the time I got home my fresh pan of soup had been cooking away for a few hours in the bottom oven of the Aga, it was lovely to have for my tea, left chunky as it was so it wasn't too reminiscent of my lunch.

Today is a No Spend Day

4 comments:

  1. Best kind of meal in winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just can't beat it , it warms you right up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmm, looks delicious. You can't beat homemade soup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would love some of that at the moment. Glad you warmed up.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are now closed.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.