Sunday, 27 November 2016

Day 332 - Wow!!



Wow ... is it really Day 332 !!

I think this is the longest I have been able to keep a Challenge going for, and I'm determined to be here until the end of the year. 

A couple of you have asked if I am going to go wild shopping in January.  Buying all the books on my wish-list, buying new clothes for the year ahead and  having a supermarket splurge, well in all honesty I have thought about it ... especially the supermarket one.

Imagine leisurely wandering the aisles, throwing anything that takes my fancy into the shopping trolley, a bit of this, a bit of that, a lot of the other.  Coming home and filling all the recently acquired space in my cupboards so they are bulging at the seams.

Nah .... I can't imagine it either!!

There are just thirty four days left of this year long Challenge, we have yet to plan our Christmas eating but I can assure you I won't be joining the masses with piled  high shopping trolleys, shopping as though the shops are closing for a fortnight and no doubt throwing lots of the purchases in the bin come the day after New Year.  We will be using what we have already in store, the homegrown veggies that lie in the freezer, the jars of homemade sauces, jams, pickles and chutneys.  I will have a few baking sessions with the remains of my flours, butters and sugars so we will have lots of treats. 

Basically we will be using up what we already have.

Today is a No Spend Day

2 comments:

  1. Oh, goodness gracious. Let your self go. Life's too short to deprive yourself of the little luxuries in life. It isn't helping anyone else. Oh, how I long to see a pic of you, with Christmas pudding and brandy sauce dripping down your chin (sigh) Will it happen? Or are you so far down the self denial path that you just can't do it. I need only add, Baileys, mince pies, double cream, Thornton chocolates, creamed sprouts with chestnuts? Just how will you resist? Obviously, only joking, but life really is too short! anyway, Merry Christmas, and heartfelt Blessings to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sound just wonderful to me.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are now closed.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.