Sunday, 20 November 2016

Day 325 - Make Things Look More Appetising


Last week I unearthed two large supermarket basics pizza bases from the bottom of the freezer.   I was in there looking for something completely different, but when I spied these unappetising cardboard looking bases I thought I should dig them out and try and turn them into something a bit more appealing.

First I tipped out a jar of homemade pasta sauce and spread it equally over the two bases, then I raided the fridge drawer for likely looking toppings. 

Tucked at the back of the bottom drawer was one each of red, yellow and green peppers and I couldn't for the life of me remember buying them (they were well out of date), so I have just looked back through my posts and discovered they were from hereI had to cut away a little bit of the red pepper but apart from that they were in great condition!!

I sliced these up added a sliced up red onion half that had also came out of the fridge drawer and divided it all equally between the two bases, then it was all topped with a good sprinkling of grated cheddar.  We had one for our tea that night and the other one went straight back into the freezer, where it still resides ... but looking a little bit bent as it had thawed slightly while I faffed about topping it.  So it now looks more like a topped taco shell than a cardboard Frisbee, but it still looks a whole lot more appetising than that bare pizza base I had originally unearthed.

Today is a No Spend Day

1 comment:

  1. Just proves that all these best before dates and use by dates on fresh produce are nonsense. If you use your eyes and sense of smell you'll be fine. So long as it looks ok and smells ok I'll eat it!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are now closed.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.