Tuesday, 8 November 2016

Day 313 - Vouchers and Points



I was asked the other day if we had any vouchers or points  left, so I thought it was about time I did  post about what we have at the moment so that I could work out if I will be able to make them last until the end of the year.

The last lot of Tesco vouchers for this year arrived at the end of last week, a grand total of  £14 .... not to be sniffed at.


So these have been added to the £34 of M&S vouchers already in my purse, giving me a grand total of £48 in vouchers.



I've just checked on the Nectar website and I have a total of £16.03 in Nectar points, meaning I could spend £15 at Sainsbury's if I needed to.  (You have to spend them in multiples of £2.50.)


Woohoo .... and literally whilst I was typing out this blogpost ... our lovely postie has just delivered my December M&S vouchers ... unfortunately due to our low spending this is the one and only voucher that I have got.  Oh well four pounds is four pounds.

So I now have a total of £52 in vouchers which along with the spendable Nectar points give me spending power of £63.  As there are just seven weeks left of this year long Challenge I have an average of £9 a week to spend.  I honestly had no idea that I would be able keep this going for as long as I have.

and ...Today is a No Spend Day


10 comments:

  1. You've done well.

    Joan (Wales)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Over the year I think so, thanks :-)

      It's all been a very useful learning experience of what we use and what we need. Also of things we don't need and that will never be replaced.

      Delete
  2. You do well with Tesco. It baffles me as I only got £8.50 in vouchers yet spend considerably there most weeks (i.e. a biggish shop) plus I get my dual fuel points added via Eon. I wonder if both you and hubby accrue points by shopping separately or putting fuel in vehicles with the same clubcard? I'm definitely going wrong somewhere!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We both have Tesco credit cards which are linked to our single clubcard number, so if we fuel the cars or go there to pick up things not included in the Challenge we accrue point independently that then get added together.

      Obviously we also spend outside Tesco on these cards and pick up additional 'Tesco Bank' points that get added on. We usually use our M&S cards for most of these out of store purchases but obviously we have worked the opposite way looking at this quarters rewards.

      Delete
    2. Ah, that makes sense! maybe i should look at potential links to clubcard too, like my Eon reward scheme.

      Delete
  3. Sainsbury's are doing a double-up on some things soon ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Handy to know, I'll watch out for that thanks :-)

      Delete
  4. Well done Sue. I never get many coupons now because I'm not loyal enough to any one supermarket.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Only £3.50 in Tesco vouchers here - but 'every little helps' as they say ☺️

    ReplyDelete
  6. It really has been amazing to follow along and see how much you spend and get by with the vouchers. Scabby Woolworths in Australia have changed their points system so you need to accrue 2000 points before getting $10 off your next shop. They do do double and triple points on some things but not a lot of what I buy. I buy anything that is 1/2 price and lots of it so that adds up...
    But yes, you've done so well with this challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are now closed.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.