Monday, 7 November 2016

Day 312 - Using up the Shopping


I was asked what I had had in mind for the shopping bought the other day, so I thought I would just add these photos and let you know. 

When I saw the coleslaw I remember the absolutely perfect homegrown potato that I had added to the potato bag in the kitchen cupboard a couple of days earlier (the harvested potatoes live in the dark and cool cupboard under the stairs and move into the kitchen cupboard in batches as the bag in there empties) ... and I just pictured a lovely steaming baked potato topped with coleslaw, and with my cold induced brain fog it seemed such an easy option for my lunch.


The fish I knew would simply be individually wrapped and placed in the freezer for me to have when Lovely Hubby is tucking into some meat or when we both fancied some homemade fish and chips.  Fish is one of the things we had pretty much run out of.

Unfortunately it was all bought with cash which added to my growing deficit, but I didn't have the required energy to trawl over to M&S for any shopping.

Today is a No Spend Day

1 comment:

  1. I hope you feel better soon. It is no fun to try and cook anything when under the weather.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are now closed.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.