Sunday, 6 November 2016

Day 311 - Shopping


Money Spent Today - £15.71
Vouchers/Coupons/Points Spent - 0
All the £328.71 Budget Now Gone
Vouchers/Coupons/Points Spent in Total - £300.75
Money left in Housekeeping Fund - 0
In the Red by -  £29.95

I was out and about the other day, not feeling particularly well ... I was coming down with Lovely Hubby's cold which he so generously shared ... and I think my shopping reflected my need for tasty and easy foods.


They were having a 'mark down' day and lots of staff and managers were around the store putting yellow stickers on all sorts of foodstuffs ... including a huge box of parsnips that were being bagged up and sold off cheaply.  I think either someone had gotten their ordering wrong or they had just anticipated a spend that simply didn't happen!

I didn't go mad, I just picked up a few bits that I knew would come in handy for us over the weekend and beyond.

4 comments:

  1. Well done on your haul; I try to buy as much as I can when reduced especially now we have use of a couple of extra freezer shelves again. Do you have any vouchers/points left?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes :-)

      I'll do a post about what we have left this week.

      Delete
  2. Great haul and it all helps keep the budget down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm soooo jealous of your yellow stickers over there! All the grocery stores in Florida donate all the unsold food, which is wonderful...but I sure would live to get my hands on some produce for pennies, rather than the dollars and dollars they are! Well done you.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are now closed.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.