Saturday, 5 November 2016

Day 310 - Films - A Street Cat Named Bob


Last night we went to the cinema to see A Street Cat Named Bob, we both loved it and gave it a joint 8.5/10.  A gritty but truly feel-good story with the most delightful main star .... and Luke Treadaway was good too.

It was lovely to see Bob play himself ... who else could really have done it, although the little pretenders that played him as a youngster were pretty clever too.


A little taster for you.


I've waited to see this film since it was first announced that it was in the making, and read the book as soon as it came out.  I have this paperback copy on my shelves after giving my original hardback copy away as a gift to someone. 

Although the film couldn't cover all the story as it is told in the book it was good at following the string of events that lead to such a special bond between man and cat.  I might even be tempted to go and have another viewing  ;-)

Today is a No Spend Day

3 comments:

  1. My son and I have read the books and loved them. We are looking forward to seeing the film, although will wait until it hits the library shelves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read the books and hope the film comes here, though sometimes they don't. Glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though I'm allergic to cats I hold no grudges :0) I quite fancy the film and will be on the look out for it.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are now closed.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.