Thursday, 3 November 2016

Day 308 - Jack Reacher, Never Go Back - Films


We went to see this film last weekend.  

I was in a generous mood and gave it a 6/10, Lovely Hubby whom I thought enjoyed it more than me surprised me completely and gave it a five!!

I think the tag line is right, Never Go Back ... to see a Tom Cruise movie that is just another vehicle for him showing off how invincible and hard he thinks he is.  He didn't even look that good with his top off !!

It's 'A Street Cat Named Bob' next week.  I've been looking forward to this film ever since it was announced to be in the making.  I've been following James' and Bob's story since the very first book came out.  I have my fingers crossed that the film gets a higher score than old Tom's did.

Today is a No Spend Day
... on food that is. 

 I have just renewed our Unlimited cards, so we will be back at the cinema all next year too.  A very early Christmas present to ourselves.  This has proved a real money saver in giving us a cheap night out on a regular basis and we thought it was well worth repeating.

4 comments:

  1. I've read a few Jack Reacher books and quite enjoyed them and I've seen one Jack Reacher film on TV with Tom Cruise and it was okay. I don't like Tom Cruise, never have, so avoid his films if possible. If there is a lot of hype about any actor or actress as to how brilliant they are etc I'm afraid I go off them before I see any films they've done. Don't know why, maybe it's all the 'celebrity' publicity I object to. Brad Pitt is another one.
    Your cinema tickets have proved they're good value for money. I wouldn't mind seeing A Street Cat named Bob either. Enjoy.
    Joan (Wales)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been using my meerkat cinema code and we both get in the cinema for £2.50 bargain. We've just found out that hubbies company are offering the same deal so we will definitely be regular film goers from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. never liked Tom Cruise - he doesn't seem able to close his mouth. The slack jawed look isn't for me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tom Cruise is too small to be Jack Reacher!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are now closed.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.