Sunday, 23 October 2016

Day 297 - Veggie and Non Veggie



I've been asked a few times in the past about how I cope cooking a non-meat meal for myself and a meat one for Lovely Hubby.  Usually we eat almost the same with Lovely Hubby's plate just having a slice of a dead thing a piece of meat on it and my plate having the rest of the meal with sometimes an added veggie sausage or slice of quiche.


Sometimes we eat the same meal but with different main components, such as last nights quick tea of burgers on buns.  A sliced red onion was divided between the two 'halves' of my baking tin and it was simply popped into the oven and cooked like this.


I could have used two different trays but doing it this way makes it easier.  The foil was recycled from the previous evenings tea when it had been used to cover a baked biryani on a larger ovenproof dish, so it was plenty big enough for me to fashion my usual divider.

Served two burgers to one bread roll, and with some salad from the polytunnel it made for a tasty and very quick tea before dashing out to the cinema to see the early evening showing of 'Inferno' with Tom Hanks.  Not a bad film but with one twist too many I thought.  Lovely hubby gave it a 7.5/10 and I gave it a 6.5 /10.

Today is a No Spend Day

1 comment:

  1. my husband has been a vegetarian for 48 years. i was for about 25 and then stated eating meat again. I do the same thing, cook one meat item and then a piece of tofu or bean burger. Most meals are veggie and we eat the same but like you , adaptation is key.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are now closed.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.