Monday, 31 October 2016

Day 305 - Blanched Sweetcorn


I picked the last of the sweetcorn last week, the cobs were still quite small but the temperatures outside now are cold and damp and the net tunnel where these were growing is only a degree warmer than outside. 

I blanched these before freezing as I have with all the sweetcorn that I have picked this year, as they tend to loiter around in the freezer for quite a while as I'm not that keen on sweetcorn, although Lovely Hubby is and that's why I grow it.  Food always stores better and retains more flavour if it's going to be in the freezer for a while if it's been blanched first.

Once again the freezer is full to the top, so I'm glad there's nothing else that needs open freezing as there is no room now for my stack of trays to sit on top of the other contents.

I think we are going to be eating well until the next growing season.

Today is a No Spend Day

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry comments are now closed.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.