Thursday, 20 October 2016

Day 294 - Things With Numbers


I've always been fascinated with 'things with numbers', set amounts, limits .... as you might have guessed from my various blogs and Challenges over the past few years. 

People that declutter to the point of only living with 100 possessions,  (see here), people that whittle that away to less and something that caught my attention a few years ago ... Project 333.   I'm just about to set to and put this into action properly again.  I've been doing it on and off for the last four years, but it seemed to slide last year because of Marie Kondo ...


...and her magic art of tidying.

After following Marie's instructions (and really enjoying the process), suddenly all my clothes and accessories fitted neatly into my half of the wardrobe and drawers instead of me sorting out seasonally and boxing somethings up, so they all stayed out.  But now I've decided to choose thirty three items of clothing to use for the final part of this year of living without new clothes ... it just makes sense. 

So I have decided to make the new clothes that I flipped out and bought last week the cornerstone of my Autumn Winter P333 collection, and so once I get off the computer I will be emptying out the wardrobe and drawers and picking my thirty three items.  It will be a bit easier now that the weather has settled down to proper Autumn chilly weather and no sudden freakishly hot days to upset the applecart.


This is a collage of the clothes I wore on the January 2014 round.

(To read more about my Project 333 adventures see HERE.)

I doubt I could ever manage living with just 100 items in total .... but I would love to try :-)

Today is a No Spend Day


2 comments:

  1. I am on day 7 of my capsule wardrobe project. It is going ok so far...The wardrobe looks so much tidier! My summer stuff is packed away in vaccuum bags, as is some of my winter stuff. But I have taken two bags of clothes to the CS. I shall check out your earlier 333 posts for more inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought about doing this for October thru December but our weather has been crazy - the past couple of days I've had to have the A/C on and then today the heating kicked in! I do read her blog though and I have greatly reduced my wardrobe and almost everything mixes and matches so I could do it - at least with clothes - not sure I could with the accessories though as I love my scarves and earrings.
    I'll be interested to see what you choose.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are now closed.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.