Tuesday, 18 October 2016

Day 292 - The Eleven Pence Shop


Money Spent Today - 11p
Vouchers/Coupons/Points Spent - £9
Money Spent in Total - £328.71- All the Budget Now Gone
Vouchers/Coupons/Points Spent in Total - £300.75
Money left in Housekeeping Fund - 0
In the Red by - 44p

We needed white pepper and salted peanuts, you wouldn't think the word 'needed' and salted peanuts were so inter-twined would you, but such is Lovely Hubby's fetish for his salted peanuts after a long sweaty day working outside, it really is a need rather than a want.  So off I go when needs must to replenish his little jar and keep my man happy.

The bread rolls were for lunch that day and the bread was thrown in the freezer.  I always see bread in one form or another as an ideal way to bring the shopping spend as close to the voucher amount as I possibly can, and in this instance my maths worked out pretty well.

The cakes were a treat, I need to set to and make some of these myself, I used to but have gotten out of the habit, maybe Winter is a good time to get back to baking some sweet treats occasionally.  As for the broccoli ... well as much as Lovely Hubby needs his salted peanuts I seem to have developed a need for a delicious biryani that contains half a head of broccoli .... guess what's for tea tonight then  ;-)

The unusual looking thing in the plastic bag is actually just a sweet potato :-)


4 comments:

  1. The cakes sound good , you deserve a treat x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone has a treat now and again you have to. Your treat hasn't really cost you anything so enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tiny cakes of course look so tasty !
    I like Biryani and I also like Broccoli so that sound so good to me.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found £14 worth of Tesco Clubcard vouchers I'd forgotten about (stash them away for the Christmas double-up but of course, they've stopped that now). Thought as food prices predicted to go up, I might as well spend them now. Yesterday spent an hour on MySupermarket checking out any of the offers I could hit and then went into store. Came with about £22 worth of shopping and only had to top up by 50p in cash. Result! Aim to do same next week with some Nectar points. Also got 5 x £10 worth of Co-op vouchers to use up by end of this year as a result of taking out their house insurance. Just checked their weekly roll over of offers though and there's nothing there we'd eat. I'll wait them out till end of the year in hopes of getting maximum amount of shopping for each voucher!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are now closed.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.