Friday, 28 October 2016

Day 302 - The Cinema at Lunchtime


Just before lunch time yesterday I was on the computer booking tickets for Saturday night, to see the new Tom Cruise film that Lovely Hubby said he fancied seeing, when I noticed that 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' was about to be shown for the last time at our local cinema.  Shown at 12.15pm in fact ... it was 11.30am.  So I quickly got changed, grabbed my bag and jumped into the car, after booking myself a ticket of course.

It was a good film and a packed house, so I'm glad I booked a ticket with my Unlimited card before I left the house.  There were all ages there, lots of groups of young teenagers, families and a few singles of around about my age.

It was a good and original film and I would highly recommend it.  I gave it an 8/10 for originality and a good story and quite a few famous faces, including Judy Dench.

Today is a No Spend Day

5 comments:

  1. Hope you both enjoy Inferno too, we did!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did enjoy it. We saw it last week. I just thought it had one twist too many. I put my score on the sidebar ๐Ÿ˜Š

      Delete
  2. I saw the trailer to this film, it has not come our way yet but cinemas are few and far between in rural Dorset, it did look very good, so glad the cinema was full, more likely to keep it open.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some of Miss Peregrine was filmed here in Blackpool - glad to read you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it was nice to see the tower as they sailed in to the pier, the tower ballroom and the trams especially. It's a while since I've been to Blackpool, it was once an almost weekly trip ๐Ÿ˜Š

      Delete

Sorry comments are now closed.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.