Thursday, 27 October 2016

Day 301 - Things That Don't Count


Project 333 comes with a basic set of rules that you can either stick to rigidly or tailor to suit your own circumstances. 

The Basics

■When:  Every three months

■What:  33 items including clothing, accessories, jewellery, outerwear and shoes.

■What not:  these items are not counted as part of the 33 items – wedding ring or another sentimental piece of jewellery that you never take off, underwear, sleep wear, in-home lounge wear, and workout clothing (you can only wear your workout clothing to workout)

■How:  Choose your 33 items, box up the remainder of your fashion statement, seal it with tape and put it out of sight..

■What else:  consider that you are creating a wardrobe that you can live, work and play in for three months. Remember that this is not a project in suffering. If your clothes don’t fit or are in poor condition, replace them.

So I am not counting the workout clothes in the top photograph.


Or this lot .... two pairs of old work jeans, two shirts and one warm and cosy fleecy top for when I am either gardening or cleaning out the chickens.  I also have a fleece jacket, a waterproof jacket, a pair of waterproof trousers ... and of course my trusty green wellies.

It may seem like a lot not to count but I have worked out this is the minimum I can get by with and manage to do my 'job' properly.  I don't have 'lounge wear' or 'sleep wear' so I don't have to disregard them .... but I do have underwear, which I will be sorting through once I have completed all the clothes to my satisfaction.  I am going back to my favourite basics with this too, although it won't need to be counted ... phew  ;-)

Today is a No Spend Day




4 comments:

  1. I've always had a uniform for work and I suppose I have a home uniform too, clothes that are easy to wear around the house etc. But now I'm retired I'll have to do some sorting as I want to make the effort to dress well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I dress in a 'uniform' of sorts, always jeans and then t shirts in Summer, then checked shirts in Autumn and then add a t shirt layer under the shirt come Winter, with a jumper on top as temperatures plummet.

      I would LOVE to get the 'uniform' narrowed down even further. I decided this when I got a favourite t shirt last year, a simple cream one with some blue stripes and I wore it as often as possible all this year. I thought if I only had bought five of these I would wear theme every day. If I spot something similar of the same quality next year I will go for it. In the meantime I have to wear out everything else I own to make the uniform dream a possibility for the future.

      It just makes life so simple.

      Delete
  2. I don't count my workout clothes or my grungy ratty stuff I wear for yucky chores either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting plan. I keep sorting through clothes and downsizing but this may be the push I need to pare it all down even more. THANKS!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are now closed.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.