Thursday, 13 October 2016

Day 287 - Into the Red .....


Money Spent Today - £5.06
Vouchers/Coupons/Points Spent - 0
Money Spent in Total - £328.71- All the Budget Now Gone
Vouchers/Coupons/Points Spent in Total - £291.75
Money left in Housekeeping Fund - 0
In the Red by - 33p

It had to happen.  I thought I might have squeezed a few more weeks out of my £4.73 but it wasn't to be.  I needed fuel yesterday and I also needed onions, it made more sense to get them both from the same place which in this instance happened to be Tesco.

So I shopped with cash and went slightly over what I actually had available, and the annoying thing was if I had just checked the cupboards before I left I would have noticed that I actually had two bottles of Red Wine vinegar, it as white I had run out of ... how ironic that it was Red Wine vinegar that plunged me into the red!!


The half carrot, in case you are wondering, was purchased for Suky the Pug who was with me, it was a full one when I paid, but she ate half on the way to Mum's house yesterday.


To try and soften the blow of having no cash left I picked up the latest free magazine  :-)

Today is the Day I Ran Out of Cash



10 comments:

  1. You did an awesome job considering so don't beat yourself up. Not many people could of done it so for that you should be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on getting this far, its quite an achievement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have done so well, and achieved so much, I am guessing by the onions there is a chutney making session planned?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've done superbly well to get this far.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am really impressed with how far you made it. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would have run out of money in February. Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I would have been like Cheryl! I think you have done an amazing job and I have certainly learned a lot about making do and using up what I have on hand!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic achievement to have made it this far, and if you had been nearer another shop you may have been able to use vouchers instead of cash. I am a little surprised that you had to buy onions though - would you be able to grow more on your land as you use so many? (do not meant to sound at all critical here)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did great to make your money stretch this long.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you did amazingly to get so far through the year on so little. Actually I'm rather glad you have gone into the red - I was rather worried about what would happen when the money ran out, with visions of you and Lovely Hubby wasting away!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are now closed.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.