Friday, 7 October 2016

Day 281 - The Girl on the Train


Wow, what a brilliant film.  Well we enjoyed it anyway last night at the cinema.

Luckily I had not read this book, although it topped many bestseller lists when it came out, so I did not know the twist in the ending.  Indeed I would say this is definitely one occasion when watching the film first is preferable to reading the book first.

Emily Blunt is a brilliant actress and she really IS the character she plays, dowdy clothes, alcohol dulled skin, bloodshot eyes etc.  The only time you see her as the pretty actress she really is, is in the final few scenes of the film.

Highly recommended viewing.

Today is a No Spend Day

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see this although I have read the book. I couldn't put it down so hopefully I will enjoy the film as much-x-

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to read the book first and then watch the movie. Thanks for your recommendation.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like Jackie above, I usually try and read the book first. Thanks for the suggestion about doing it the other way round this time. Weekend blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are now closed.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.