Thursday, 6 October 2016

Day 280 - Sneaking in EVEN More Into the Freezer


Even though, as I said the other day, the chest freezer is full, I somehow keep managing to sneak more and more bits into it.  These two bags of blitzed cauliflower, for use as either cauliflower rice or to be added to soups, or to be used to make a pizza base, something I haven't tried yet, slid neatly into the gap at the very top and the lid still stayed shut without the warning light coming on.

Every time we eat something from the freezer I think to myself  'phew there's a space I can pop something into', at this rate the contents are never going to go down, but it also means we won't be going hungry even when that piddling amount of cash runs out  ;-)

Today is a No Spend Day

4 comments:

  1. You are very resourceful. Good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here. I keep shoving more and more in the freezer because our grain bin house has little shelf storage. Now on a binge of making and freezing our own cheese. Having our own cow is super cool (except of course when she has to be milked in the middle of a blizzard!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I virtually live off cauliflower rice - a total convert since giving up potatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm like you, seriously running out of space. I keep taking stuff out and repacking to see if I've got more room. I mustn't make anything else.....i mustn't make anything else....I mustn't make another thing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are now closed.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.