Wednesday, 5 October 2016

Day 279 - Shopping with ... Shock Horror ... CASH!!


Money Spent Today - £2.90
Vouchers/Coupons/Points Spent - 0
Money Spent in Total - £323.98
Vouchers/Coupons/Points Spent in Total - £291.75
Money left in Housekeeping Fund - £4.73

In a total reversal of my last shopping expedition when I spent only a voucher and no cash whatsoever ..... this time I spent only cash!! 

So now there is the piddling, less than five pounds, amount of just £4.73 in the cash kitty.  At least I still have the M&S vouchers and some Nectar points, but the question is .... can I make the cash last long enough to supplement them.  It's no HUGE thing if I don't, I'll just go into the negative, but I'd like to avoid that for as long as possible.

The good news is that because I bought this milk instead of thawing out the one that was in the freezer .... we got back from a weekend away to no milk and no bread ... there is still a carton in the freezer for use next week.  So hopefully I can refrain from spending anything for the coming week.



5 comments:

  1. You are doing so well with this challenge , have you got a challenge on the cards for next year?
    I should do one but I am not sure what budget to set, I can only grow a small amount in the greenhouse and raised bed area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also interested in what you might be planning for next year - I've followed this challenge and your last one with great interest - and I have learned so much!
    I have been really thinking about a challenge for myself for the New Year in the grocery area. I cannot grow anything myself and only have a small apt. with limited storage so I am trying to come up with something that will be a true challenge - but not something so ridiculous that there is no way it could be done. Prices (and incomes) are very different here so I have to come up with something that would apply to my situation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think next year I will be all Challenged out!!

    So I intend to follow other folks challenges instead for a change ... so you two above I'll be keeping an eye on what you're up too :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will get thinking then Sue xx

      Delete
    2. I don't have a blog - but I'll be happy to tell you what I decide to do and provide updates along the way! :-)

      Delete

Sorry comments are now closed.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.