Sunday, 2 October 2016

Day 276 - Lovely Books


I bought this book years ago, along with some of Sally's other books all signed by her, and at the time I only flicked through them.  I got them out the other day as I thought they would be books that I could browse through and then let go in our ongoing effort to live clutter free.

How wrong I was!!


With the lovely photographs and even more beautiful words I was immersed, the dogs got their breakfast late the day I read through this one.


As they no doubt will when I start on the others :-)

Sometimes you don't realise what treasures you have, until you give them the time they deserve.

Today is a No Spend Day
... and this book is back on the shelf where it will stay.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sue, I feel the same about my cook books, I have so many and I have read them all but every time I go looking for a recipe I get side lined by all the amazing photos and recipes and then I wonder what I was originally looking for! I can't part with any of them.
    Fi

    ReplyDelete
  2. they look very inspiring and beautiful. good for you realizing you already owned a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make a very good point - I am very guilty of buying books and then not getting around to giving them the attention they deserve. I've done a really good cleaning and re-organizing of all my bookshelves in the past couple of weeks and I moved a lot of books up front so that I don't overlook them over the Winter.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are now closed.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.