Tuesday, 27 September 2016

Day 271 - Voucher Shopping


Money Spent Today - 0
Vouchers/Coupons/Points Spent - £5.00
Money Spent in Total - £321.08
Vouchers/Coupons/Points Spent in Total - £291.75
Money left in Housekeeping Fund - £7.63

No money changed hands in the purchase of this food  :-)

I used one of my £5 M&S vouchers and really expected the bill to be just under £6.  I had looked at the pre-packed broccoli which was all £1.50 for normal and I think, £1.80 for organic, and compared my loose broccoli's weight with them ... just goes to show how much better it can be to buy it loose sometimes ... mine was 31p!!

So my final bill came to £4.80, the guy on the checkout asked if I minded foregoing my 20p change (you don' t get change from the vouchers) and I said no.  Then I could have kicked myself as I walked away and the elderly lady behind me asked for a carrier bag ... if I had thought quicker I could have asked for four carrier bags to use up the 20p and offered her one of them and kept the others for future use for myself.


This is my second shopping trip this month :-)

2 comments:

  1. We're on the 27th nearly finished september and you've only done 2 shopping trips! Thats amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, and next time you'll remember...that was a lovely idea!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are now closed.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.