Saturday, 10 September 2016

Day 254 - Limp Rhubarb


I did my usual trick yesterday and left some picked vegetables, in this instance a couple of sticks of rhubarb outside overnight .... it's a bad habit, my memory is bloody useless some days :-(


Anyway half an hour in a bowl of icy cold water and it was back to it's perky self.  This lovely waste saving trick work for all sorts of vegetables.  Celery, radishes, spring onions and carrots spring to mind ..... now you know what I've left abandoned over the last few days  :-)

Today is a No Spend Day

4 comments:

  1. Ooooh clever trick!! Does this work on rhubarb left on the kitchen worktop and celery thats gone limp in a fridge?
    I will try this thank you for sharing such brill tips

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It should work with any limpness of vegetables :-)

      Delete
  2. My Nana taught me that...great for salvaging food and thanks for sharing it here. So much her generation did is now lost or ignored...Nice to know I'm not the only person who does this...my friends sometimes roll their eyes. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Sue. I have done this myself a few times but cannot bear to waste any food.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are now closed.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.