Sunday, 4 September 2016

Day 248 - Shopping Ooops


Money Spent Today - 9p
Vouchers/Coupons/Points Spent - £4.00
Money Spent in Total - £321.08
Vouchers/Coupons/Points Spent in Total - £286.75
Money left in Housekeeping Fund - £7.63

Usually it's the receipts I forget, this time it was photographing the food!!

I came in from shopping the other day put the milk in the fridge, the bread straight into the freezer and left the receipt on the shelf in the kitchen .... I spotted it lying there this this morning.

So I have dug the bread back out of the freezer and got the half used milk out of the fridge .... oh well at least it's all here for the record  :-)

We just needed some milk and as I was passing M&S I thought I may as well make use of one of the vouchers.  I think using one a week will be a good idea as they are all for either £5 or £4 so buying milk plus a top up of something we need will make them last for another ten weeks which will take us up to the second week of November, which hopefully will be when I should be close to another delivery of vouchers, and if I can just top up the voucher shop with a few pence it will stretch the cash right until the end of the year.  

It would be a real achievement to actually NOT run out of cash  :-)



3 comments:

  1. If you manage to get to the end of the year with some cash still in your purse, I shall be uber-impressed! I know there's no way on earth that I could even come close to achieving what you have this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be mega impressed to. How do you manage when you have visitors, I always spend way too much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness you're doing amazing. You mention your husband is away from home sometimes...I'm guessing that when he is away his food is not included. Out of interest how many meals do you have to prepare during the course of an average week? As in how many mouths to feed. x

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are now closed.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.