Saturday, 3 September 2016

Day 247 - New Month - New Beginnings


The first post after doing the last months round up always feels like a fresh start and this month it coincided with the arrival of October's Grow Your Own magazine and it's free packet of Cauliflower seeds .... just ONE packet of seeds, that's a bit of a let down after all the packs that normally come with each edition.  I need to read my magazines a bit faster too ... I have yet to start on September's edition!!

I am keeping tabs on what freebies I get with each copy by taking the photos for this blog and keeping them in their own folder on the computer.  It will be good for reference at the end of the year so I can see the value of my magazine subscription.  Although I don't think I'll renew it for next year, I now have lots of seeds, more than enough, and I can just re-read all this years magazines at the start of each month.


It was also a coincidence that I had just cut off a couple of cauliflowers from the net tunnel.  I have trimmed, blanched, cooled and open frozen them and now they are residing in the freezer in a zip lock bag.  They will give us a couple of meals, Lovely Hubby has already ordered a Cauliflower Cheese for next weekend,  and the good news is that there are more still to come.

Today is a No Spend Day


3 comments:

  1. I love this blog so so much. I have been following this one and 'our new life's for about 5 yrs. They are so interesting and inspirational. You have a life I aspire to in my future. Thankyou

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm seriously considering buying a net tunnel the ruddy cabbage whites have been at my brassica selection. I know you use yours for all sorts of fruit and veg. Its quite a pricey piece of kit though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We used our old poly tunnel frame bought the net by the roll and did it ourselves, not so pricey that way 😊

      Delete

Sorry comments are now closed.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.