Monday, 29 August 2016

Day 242 - Calculations


 Money Spent Today - 7p
Vouchers/Coupons/Points Spent - £3.50
Money Spent in Total - £320.99
Vouchers/Coupons/Points Spent in Total - £282.75
Money left in Housekeeping Fund - £7.72

We were passing Holland and Barrett the other day so I decided to spend my coupon as it had to be used before the end of September and I didn't want to have to make a trip just to use it.   I knew I needed some dried fruit to add to chutneys and scones etc so that's what I decided it was going to be spent on.

Luckily I had Lovely Hubby with me who is better at on the spot mental arithmetic than me so we stood working out the best way to spend my coupon, which was for £3.50, without having to add too much cash and also to get the most dried fruit possible for our 'money'.

It turned out that some things were on a 'buy one get one half price' offer, which was why I was stood working out the sums, and the items above were the best possible combination of products, and meant I only had to add 7p in cash to the voucher to get both bags.


And it looks from the till receipt that I won't be getting another voucher off them after this one, as I have just not spent any money there .... a total of 22p in cash and the rest has been coupons.

1 comment:

  1. There's a 15% off code here, http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/holland-and-barrett?utm_source=MSE_Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_term=30-Aug-16-v2&utm_campaign=nt-blaggedformse&utm_content=4#hb15, but given what you've got left in the pot, prob not tht much use to you now.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are now closed.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.