Wednesday, 24 August 2016

Day 237 - Stocked Up for the Rest of the Year


 Money Spent Today - £0
Vouchers/Coupons/Points Spent - £40.00
Money Spent in Total - £320.92
Vouchers/Coupons/Points Spent in Total - £279.25
Money left in Housekeeping Fund - £7.79

Well  that's us stocked up in coffee and butter hopefully until the end of the Challenge, and perhaps even beyond!!

I did exactly as I said I would and drove to Sainsbury's to do this bulk shop with some of our Nectar points and to use the coupon that would give me £2 worth of Nectar points to use next time I shop there.  It's astounding to realise that to get 400 Nectar points I would normally have had to spend £400 ... so it's well worth using these coupons when you get them.



Unfortunately, as you can see if you click on the photos (it makes them bigger) I totally forgot to hand in the coupon that would give me all these extra points.  I didn't realise until I went to get some petrol from the Sainsbury's garage and it was still there in my purse.  So I drove straight back round the roundabout and into Sainsbury's carpark and went over to the customer services desk...


... where the kind lady put them onto my card for me.


We still have one of these coupons but as I bought with Nectar points I couldn't use it, so Lovely Hubby can take this back with him to work next week and use it when he buys something from his local Sainsbury's.  

To quote a completely different supermarket ... every little helps!!  ;-)


2 comments:

  1. So nice of customer services to put the points on after the purchase :)
    I need to get into a better habit of keeping vouchers in my purse!!

    Is that all your vouchers spent now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do get frustrated when I am handed a coupon with my receipt for £3 off if I spend £30 but it has to be within the week.. So I try to pass it on to another shopper before I leave the store. On Friday I met a lovely lady buying flowers for her son's wedding. They were doing it themselves on a tight budget. So pleased I could add a little extra to the funds!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are now closed.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.