Tuesday, 23 August 2016

Day 236 - Spending Wisely


Lovely Hubby got this Sainsbury's coupon when he bought fuel last week, and for once it's one I can use.  I need to stock up on coffee and butter we are halfway down the last jar of Nescafe coffee and have just one pack of butter in the freezer to use after the one I have just thawed out.  So I went on mysupermarket.com to check the prices in the supermarkets.  

It turns out that the Nescafe decaf coffee that I drink is not on offer anywhere but the good news is that Lurpak, our favourite brand of butter (and the only one we eat) is on offer at Sainsbury's.


It's always worth checking.

Today is a No Spend Day 
... but now I'm off to the shop.

6 comments:

  1. We do the same with our favourite brands, I always check my Supermarket, we never pay full price we just stock up when it is on offer, it makes such good sense. I have just started to read your other blog right from the start, yesterdays post really inspired me, I a fed up of renting now, we have two years now until we move again and just need to save, your hard work and thrifting has paid off, well done x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The offers do come around regularly if you stock up when they are on. Thank you, and good luck with your saving, it's amazing how much you can get together quickly if you virtually stop spending.

      Delete
  2. Interesting. What makes you use Lurpak and not any other kind of butter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The quality and the flavour. It also helps that it's almost as cheap as the cheapo supermarket own versions when it's on special offer.

      We have tried others but always come back to Lurpak in the end.

      Delete
  3. I love the fact your shopping list has only 2 items on it :D that is amazing in itself. I wonder if i could ever get to that point or even better no spend days....ah bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It has a quick expiry date did they except it?

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are now closed.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.