Sunday, 21 August 2016

Day 234 - Leftover Potatoes


Even though we have lots of potatoes I don't waste them if I cook too many, and when I had some over from my tea the other night I put them in a bowl in the fridge to give me inspiration for the next nights meal ... I like to have a starting point there for me.

I picked a few peas from the plants in the net tunnel, and realising that they were really not enough to bother cooking on their own and could so easily have disappeared as a snack on the way back to the house, I remembered my potatoes and decided to add the two together.

So with a tin of mackerel fillets from the cupboard ...


... an egg yolk for dipping purposes and some breadcrumbs from the freezer ...


... I turned my leftover potatoes into two pretty large fish cakes.
(One broke as I was breadcrumbing it, hence the funny shape.)


The funny shaped one for tea last night ... and the other is for tea tonight while Lovely Hubby has a steak from the freezer.  I think they will be served with some homemade spicy wedges ... a good use of some more of the potato stash.

Today is a No Spend Day

3 comments:

  1. Your tea looks so good...will have to try this with my own leftovers. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its surprising what can be made when needs must.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are now closed.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.