Saturday, 20 August 2016

Day 233 - Something for the Weekend .....



Money Spent Today - £1.96 
Vouchers/Coupons/Points Spent - £0
Money Spent in Total - £320.92
Vouchers/Coupons/Points Spent in Total - £239.25
Money left in Housekeeping Fund - £7.79

We needed some milk for the weekend.  It would have been ridiculous to drive all the way to Sainsburys or M&S and anyway would have meant buying something we did not even need just to get the value of the Nectar point allowance or to the full value of a M&S voucher ... so as I was passing Tesco I just went in there.  I decided to go mad and buy Lovely Hubby some salted peanuts as well, he loves them sprinkled on his salads.

Milk £1.00
Salted Peanuts 2 bags x 48p  = 96p

So my purchase was all cash and has reduced the money left in my purse to just £7.79.  It doesn't worry me, in fact it makes me smile.  This isn't a hair shirt type of challenge it is just a challenge to see how we manage, and one day pretty soon I guess the figure will go into the minus state and then keep on going down and down until the end of the year.

Don't fret though, even when we're in the negatives the Challenge will still carry on.  We need to know our eating habits through each of the four seasons of the year so we can continue to plan for the future and work out a realistic living budget to allow ourselves.

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you will be continuing the challenge once you reach zero cash, I was fearful that you would stop and I love reading the daily posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was composing my response to your post today as I waited for our really slow broadband to change screens.
    I had to smile when I read Pensive Pensioer's comment cause my response to your post was exactly the same!
    I'm enjoying this blog so much that I usually make myself wait till after our supper before I read it.
    Sad but true!
    I have learnt so much and been encouraged to examine my spending habits by your example. Thank you.
    I've even shared your blog with my daughters in law especially one of them who is trying to reduce her housekeeping. It seems more fun to do it this way. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its a fact finding challenge that will help you save money and plan better for the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you will continue to the end of the year - this too is one of my favourite blogs to read each day - it's really made me realize that I need to set a similar challenge for myself in the New Year as I need to get a grip on actual expenses as retirement looms. I have found that this challenge - plus your 365 Pounds in 365 days challenge have really made me think about my purchases in a way I never did before.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are now closed.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.