Friday, 19 August 2016

Day 232 - Potatoes


(Pictures from Google Images.)

From now on most of our meals will be served with, or will consist of potatoes!!

I have just dug up another few kilos of our 'Estima' potatoes from both the polytunnel, where they were in pots, and from the Veggie Patch where they were high on the hillside.  I needed five pretty similar potatoes for the Llanrwst Show on Saturday and got a bit carried away with my unearthing of them in my pursuit of matching spuds.  They will all need to be dug up soon though so no real harm done.

There are rather a lot of them though so it will be one potato, two potato, three potato four .... for the foreseeable future.


Potatoes will be cooked every which way.

Today is a No Spend Day 
... and I most certainly do not need to buy any potatoes  ;-)

5 comments:

  1. I was pleased with our crop of allotment spuds - 23kg of Charlottes and 28kg of Rooster!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love potatoes and would eat them for every meal if I could. But I try to limit my carbohydrates, so I keep, potatoes, rice, pasta and bread to a minimum. It's sad, but it has to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww....what now? I've just read these blog entries and have caught up with you! Will be following the rest of your year with interest. Good luck...I have a feeling you're going to have to dig deep into the poly tunnel quite literally. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could you sell some of them to get money to add your housekeeping fund? I'm not sure if that's allowed within the rules but I know if a friend of mine had home grown potatoes I would definitely pay to take some off her hands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, the idea is that they feed us for as long as possible 😊

      Delete

Sorry comments are now closed.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.