Sunday, 14 August 2016

Day 227 - My 8p Tesco Shop


Money Spent Today - 8p 
Vouchers/Coupons/Points Spent - £14.00
Money Spent in Total - £318.96
Vouchers/Coupons/Points Spent in Total - £239.25
Money left in Housekeeping Fund - £9.75

After a whole thirteen days of not shopping I decided to had to venture out and have a mooch around the shops.  Lethally I did it on an empty stomach .... and we all know what that can lead to ...and instead of just buying the sparkling water that I went for I bought this little lot.

It's not the end of the world although ALL my Tesco vouchers have now been spent.  While I was there I noticed that the tissues I like best were reduced to half price, £1 a pack instead of the usual £2, so I decided to use my manufacturer's coupon and stock up with three boxes.  So £6 worth of tissues for a big fat zero spend.

I bought the 'seasoning/cook in the bag' sachets for chicken as they were reduced from £1 each to just 25p and we have a big bag of chicken portions in the freezer that would benefit from a more unusual flavour for a change.

The Falafels were just an empty stomach thing, I had them on a couple of buns when I got home with some salad from the polytunnel.


I lost the receipt, so I did this from memory and from prices on the packs when I got home, I had to  check the jam sugar price on the mysupermarket site as I wasn't sure, but I did have it right.  I don't know where the receipt went I'm usually so careful with it these days.  I guess I'm out of practice after not shopping for nearly two weeks ... well that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it  ;-)



7 comments:

  1. Or, have you shredded the receipt, so that we don't find out about the seven bars of choccy and three bottles of wine? X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha ... thank goodness wine is not included in our Challenge ... and I have a HUGE stash of M&Ms to keep me going :-)

      Delete
  2. At our little Tesco Express you have to request a receipt now. Perhaps they didn't offer you one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure I got one, but I drove myself loopy looking for it :-(

      Delete
  3. I am going shopping with vouchers today Sue! Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did ok. Got shopping to last the week and only spent £2.85 in cash.

      Delete

Sorry comments are now closed.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.