Saturday, 13 August 2016

Day 226 - The Coupon, Voucher, Points and Cash Stash


I decided to tip out all the coupons, vouchers and cash from my purse, and look up online to see how many Nectar points I have left to use to see what my grand total of available spending power is.  It has to last me for the next few months, well for as long as possible really.  The next time there will be any vouchers through the post will be November, and there's a lot of eating to do until then.

As you can see from the top photo I have -

£52 in M&S vouchers
£11 in Tesco clubcard vouchers
and a £3.50  Holland and Barrett voucher



My coupons are a 'luck of the drawer' Tesco coupon, a £3 manufacturer's coupon to be spent on tissues, toilet rolls etc (I got this by writing to have a sort of semi complaint and pointing out a fault with the Andrex Moist Tissues that I had).  And three Pets at Home coupons.  Usually I can't use the '£5 off a £50' shop coupons as I rarely spend that much at once, but this month the dogs and Ginger are all on the verge of running out of food so I think I will restock and get a total of £6 off.  (The dogs eat the James Wellbeloved food that the additional £1 coupon is off.)


I have a total of £45.19 in Nectar points.



And of course there's the £9.83 in cash.

So there's not a huge sum and I'm going to have to be careful how I spend what I have, and I think some careful maths will be the order of the day as I shop, so that I can spend the vouchers wisely and not have to top up with too much cash.

Today is a No Spend Day




3 comments:

  1. You have a useful number of vouchers for your 'human' food, so I'm sure you will eke them out well. I'm waiting for my M & S vouchers to pop through the letterbox but I don't expect them to be more than a pound or two but it all helps, doesn't it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing really well and admire you for attempting it. What will you do next year when you don't have the savings from your pot because you haven't been using cash? Another project or challenge?

    Joan (Wales)

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are now closed.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.