Wednesday, 10 August 2016

Day 223 - A Good Pan of Soup


I always like to have a big pan of soup in the fridge, it means an almost instant lunch any day of the week and I don't like to have to stop for too long faffing about in the kitchen at lunchtime.  I find once I come in and stop thinking about the jobs that need doing outdoors I  struggle to want to go back out.

So it's much better to just get a couple of ladlefuls of soup from the pan in the fridge into a bowl, pop it in the microwave for a quick reheat and then slurp away for ten minutes over my latest magazine. My gardening subscription magazines are great for keeping me in the right frame of mind for getting back out there  :-)

And of course at the moment the soups are virtually free of charge as I just use all the thinnings from the polytunnel, a few outer leaves of cabbage, kale or chard, an onion from the string in the conservatory and a garlic clove or two from the bowl of non-stringable garlic that sits on the worktop.  The only thing I add that I've paid for is usually some vegetable bouillon as I like the depth of flavour this adds to the finished soup.

This photo is this weeks soup which is delicious and has lots of carrots in it.  I think next weeks will be potato based as we now have LOTS of potatoes  :-)

Today is a No Spend Day

3 comments:

  1. You just can't beat soup, cheap and nutrious what more do you want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is exactly the post I needed to see at the moment. I am struggling for lunch time ideas for the next 2 weeks when I'm off work with the kids, so thank you :) Tracy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious. All my soups have to have courgettes in them as I have loads :)

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are now closed.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.