Monday, 1 August 2016

Day 214 - Last Day of Month Seven



Money Spent This Month - £73.35  Vouchers/Coupons/Points Spent - £60.50
Money Spent in Total - £318.88
Vouchers/Coupons/Points Spent in Total - £225.25
Money left in Housekeeping Fund - £9.83
No Spend Days  25/31

Total Spent - Cash/Vouchers/Coupons/Points   £544.13
Weekly Average £18.13
No Spend Days Cumulative - 176/207

Well, here it is again ... the end of another month and the seventh month of the Challenge.  It is also the day after I recorded what could have been the splurge that ended the Challenge, but HEY .... you know me better than that .... way better than that.  Of course the Challenge will go on,  after all I have a whopping £9.83 left in my cash pot, not to mention a few coupons and hopefully some more to come at the end of this month.

So onwards and upwards .... or downwards in the case of the chest freezer, which for the first time I am actually glimpsing the bottom of!!  I should have kept up with the inventory I made for it but like every other one I have ever done before it was never ticked off properly and kept up to date.  So many things came out and then went back in in some other form.  veggies out curries and stews back in etc etc.

My biggest learning curve this month - that I still have the urge to splurge occasionally, but nowhere near as often as I used to.  But I also now do it in a controlled fashion so I guess something's changed for the better  :-)

How am I feeling at the end of Month Seven - full of a real sense of drawing back the spending reins and instead plundering the poly and net tunnels to keep this Challenge going for as long as possible in the black.  Yesterday's jettisoning of over £40 of the Challenge money in one fell swoop has, if anything. left me feeling even more challenged, but in a good yes we can do it way.

And after all that's what a challenge is all about!!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Sue, I hope that you will continue the challenge even if you DO spend the rest of the pot because I find this challenge blog so inspiring and so interesting to read. And also because I am enjoying keeping track of your spends along with you. Even if you spend more than your challenge pot, it will be so interesting to see what you do realistically spend up to December, including the need for occasional splurges and treats (an important realization I think, as we all need a little treat some times). Thanks for all you do and share on this blog. You have inspired me to think more mindfully about my spending habits as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well - I am shocked and appalled by yesterday's post! :) But I think you've done excellently so far and if anyone can do it, you can! Best of luck for the remaining months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is where the challenge really begins! I read your blog everyday. Take inspiration from where the money going ie paying off the mortgage or building work. We are all within you every step of the way.... Go for it 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is where the challenge really begin! I read your blog everyday. Take inspiration from where the money is going.ie paying off the mortgage or building work etc. We are all with you every step of the way. .. Go for it!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are now closed.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.