Thursday, 28 July 2016

Day 210 - Lots of shopping for £1.47


Money Spent Today - £1.47  
Vouchers/Coupons/Points Spent - £42.50 Points / £8 Coupons
Money Spent in Total - £277.42
Vouchers/Coupons/Points Spent in Total - £225.25
Money left in Housekeeping Fund - £51.29


The frozen things were photographed separately as I had to get them into the freezer sharpish!!

This is my biggest shop for quite a while and not what I had in mind to get at all really.  I went in thinking I would maybe stock up on some coffee, nope not on any kind of offer, maybe some baking supplies ... well I got some baking butter.  I was tempted by a number of offers, one of them being the Debbie and Andrews sausages which I had a coupon for (picked up on the Extreme Couponing website which I love visiting) and which were on special offer, so I got them for £2 instead of the £3 they usually are, and Lovely Hubby loves this brand.

This will be the last celery I need to buy for a while as mine are almost ready for picking, as are my tomatoes, you can see I didn't need to buy a cucumber ... yes I have lots of cucumbers now and we just have to keep up with the plants for as long as we can.


These items have all been popped into the freezer, along with the frozen foods.


The reason for my rather prolific shop was that when I bought the things that LH had sent me for in order to get his fuel saving coupon, as posted about yesterday, the till spewed out a £7.50 off a £50 shop.  At first I didn't think I would be using it but when I realised that I was quite near the mark I had my fingers crossed that I could, so I added the Medjool Dates which I love and have almost run out of, at £5 for a box I knew they would bump up the total and keep me well stocked.  You can see from the receipt that I was actually just 53p short of using the money off coupon, so I quickly added this magazine to the shopping.



I really enjoyed my leisurely wander around the aisles, something I've not done for a while and at first on the way home I was in real 'shopping mode' but that quickly wore off and I will be happy not to have to shop again for a while.  As it 's been eight days since my last shop I am hoping it will be the same again until my next one :-)

3 comments:

  1. HI
    we were on our way home from a lovely day out in Wales visiting Conwy, Llandudno, Llanwrst and Betws-y-coed when we drove past your lovely house. It was the poly tunnels I recognised first from your photos,and while my brain was still pondering on why they seemed familiar I saw Chicken World and then your lovely house. I read your blog all the time and Im delighted to have seen your wonderful location for myself. Thank you for all the things you have shared with us and for spurring me on to have the same life.

    FRancesca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow ... you fitted a lot in one day. I hope it made you smile driving past somewhere you recognised :-)

      If I'd have known you were there I would have got the sheep to wave!!

      The last reader of my blog that drove past squealed so loudly and made her husband pull the car over and into the drive with hardly any warning, the poor guy was still shaking when I went round the house to say hello to them :-)

      Glad you had a nice day. xx

      Delete
  2. Wow, that was a lot! I hope you enjoy it for a good bit of time. I'm struggling to get my weekly shop down to $30 but haven't just yet. No coupons or vouchers, just Aldi's which is the least expensive thing going here.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are now closed.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.