Wednesday, 27 July 2016

Day 209 - Sent on an Errand


Lovely Hubby came home from a week working away last weekend and handed me a Sainsburys voucher.  It was a strange one 'spend £12 on non-food items and get a voucher for 7p off each litre of fuel'.  He couldn't think of £12 of non-food items he would need now that his digs down in southern England are just a rented room in a house.

As he was leaving to go back for another week away on Sunday he said "you could get me some washing liquid capsules in a Lavender scent"  (he does a clothes wash each week down there but his bedding is washed as part of his rent money) so that was one thing we needed.

I hadn't been to Sainsburys for ages so I thought a ride out would make a nice change.  Luckily just before I left I discovered we needed paper for the printer, so that was added to my very short shopping list.  When I got there I really fell lucky, they were selling off the grass seed for just £2 a box, and as I had used up all of ours without remembering to save some to fill in where the molehills had been, we really needed some more.


So I got him his voucher and the till spewed out another handful of coupons ... including one for £7.50 off a £50 shop .... which I couldn't possibly make use of ....



... could I ?

Today is a No Spend Day
... I'll post about my shopping tomorrow when I have more time ... so tomorrow won't be  ;-)

None of the items shown at the top of this post come under the remit of this Challenge.

2 comments:

  1. I adore lavender but my sensitive soul of a hubby has to have no scent ultra sensitive washing liquid so as I wash our clothes together so do I. Well done on the challenge. I have been taking a leaf out of your book and eating everything from our cupboards and freezer this week to save money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great bargains and good use of the coupon.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are now closed.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.