Monday, 18 July 2016

Day 200 - Not All Meals Turn Out Well


Just to show any readers of this blog that think all my meals turn out perfectly here is this mornings breakfast!!

It was supposed to be scrambled eggs on toast, last night I turned the Aga off, in this sudden heatwave it was getting too much for me.  This morning it still felt warm enough under the hotplate lids to be able to cook some scrambled eggs so I thought I would give it a shot.

It wasn't warm enough!

So after giving them ten minutes sat on the hotplate I tipped the still virtually raw eggs into a bowl and put them in the microwave .... forgetting just how quickly a microwave cooks scrambled eggs.

It was edible .... thank goodness ... just not very pretty to look at.

Today is a No Spend Day

5 comments:

  1. Oh dear! I thought it was a deflated yellow balloon. Never mind, it's all about the taste!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few years ago, I forgot to put yeast in the bread maker. My young son laughed and shouted "Mummy baked a brick!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry. I've had my share of rubbery microwave eggs...I hope the heatwave passes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is really hot and due to get hotter. I can't begin to imagine what having an Aga on too must have been like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recognized it right away. When we had a dog, if I had used an egg wash for something I would put what was left in the microwave to give to the dog. It came out looking like yours every time, but the dog loved it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are now closed.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.