Monday, 11 July 2016

Day 193 - Fishcakes


So what did I make out of my Quinoa, Chickpea and Potato Curry and Rice leftovers from the other night  (see here), well as I found I also had some Protein Salad in the fridge that needed using up, I make up a batch regularly and use it in all sorts of meals, I decided some Fishcakes would be very agreeable for my tea.  (See here for that recipe.)


Added together, with a tablespoon of Parmesan style cheese to melt and bind them together they made some very tasty and very filling little fish cakes.  I ate them with some of our own boiled potatoes .... which I cooked far too many of ....so even more leftovers :-)

Today is a No Spend Day

5 comments:

  1. Leftover boiled potatoes are great in Spanish omelette with salad, or potato salad using some of your mayo stash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little fishcakes look lovely Sue.
    The way this weather's behaving, you may want to use your leftover boiled spuds in a soup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're wet and chilly and we are in a not-so-balmy 93 humid day here. I can't abide hot food at the moment with this heat but your fishcakes look good. I'm glad you enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello from the Thoroughbred Capital of the World! I am in Lexington, KY USA and stumbled upon your blog from Frugal Queen. I have enjoyed going back and reading as much as I can. I look forward to your daily posts and I love your 'A Year Without' challenge. You are very inspiring to us! Keep up the good work and good luck for the rest of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been following your frugal examples this week and using up all kinds of bits and pieces from the fridge, freezer and pantry - the only thing I've bought this past week is some milk and a very little bit of veg - and I'm determined to make it to this Saturday. I'd forgotten that I'd made up a batch of falafel balls and froze them so tonight I fried up about half of them - enough for tonight and the next two day's lunches - along with either hot veg (had all kinds of bits & pieces in the fridge) or with the last of the salad greens. My fridge looks very bare but I'm actually doing fine - and its good to know that I'm not wasting anything!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are now closed.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.