Friday, 8 July 2016

Day 190 - I Only Went in for Carrots!!


Money Spent Today - £14.47  Vouchers/Coupons/Points Spent - £0
Money Spent in Total - £270.75
Vouchers/Coupons/Points Spent in Total - £164.75
Money left in Housekeeping Fund - £57.96

I was at Tesco getting petrol the other day, combining it with posting a couple of letters, and decided while I was there to go into the store to get the dogs some carrots.  

Suky's diet is still working, with her weight creeping down slowly but surely, but she does get a bit hungry at times so a treat of a carrot, which takes time to eat and keeps her occupied for ages, works wonders.  Of course if I give one dog a carrot I have to give them all one ... the sooner mine grow the better!!

I decided while I was in there to get a few more jars of the mayonnaise while it was on offer for £1 a jar.  One thing lead to another, as it does, and I also got two pouches of microwave rice which is now down to just 50p a pouch in Tesco, and is always handy to have in to add to leftovers to turn them into an instant meal if there's no time to make up a panful of rice.

Our favourite little tomatoes were also on offer at £1 and I spotted the reduced, already cooked Salmon in the reduced chiller cabinet on my way past looking for the Coconut Oil which we had completely run out of and I needed to make some more face scrub (we eat it as well of course so it falls under the remit of the Challenge, as do the carrots).

I also bought a smaller than usual bottle of milk as the painters have been drinking rather a lot of teas and coffees and we were running out.

At the end of my 'popping into the store for carrots' I had spent a total of £14.47 ... gosh I'm not safe to be let out  ;-)

12 comments:

  1. Ah yes, but you have only bought things you will use, and at lower price than if you waited until you had run out. That's partly what will make your pennies work harder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coconut oil is cheaper for more in the Asian cookery section. The same tall jar is £8 chaper than its counterpart in H & B!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not in our small Tesco unfortunately. ☹

      Delete
  3. The good news is that you did also get the carrots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha 😆 yes there is that!!

      Delete
  4. Coconut oil is available in other shops i think its home bargains if you have one close to you. its at a much cheaper price than anywhere else I've seen it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get mine there as well - large jar for just over a pound the other day. Not raw, extra virgin but looks and tastes the same to me!

      Delete
    2. I'll have a look, thanks 😊

      Delete
  5. You're like me I stockpile things that are extraordinarily cheap. Have not used Coconut oil is it good ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I get my coconut oil from Costco, I can't remember the exact price, but it's somewhere around £18-00 for 2.38kg
    Do you know anyone with a Costco card Sue?

    ReplyDelete
  7. - and you did get loads of free fruit the other day too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you did well for the amount spent. Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are now closed.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.