Wednesday, 6 July 2016

Day 188 - Cinnamon Almond Milk


I made a bottle of Cinnamon Almond Milk the other day, and I really can't make up my mind whether I like it as much as plain ordinary almond milk.  It obviously has a cinnamony taste, which does compliment a lot of the foods that I use milk on/in .... porridge, muesli and baking mostly.

But I think I prefer plain simple almond milk if I'm strictly honest.


I've found that 200g of soaked Almonds give me just under a litre of  milk ...


... and 120g of almond meal to use in recipes in place of Ground Almonds or to whizz up a bit more and use as Almond Flour.

As you can see from the top picture after making the milk I spread it on a baking sheet and put it in the warming oven of the Aga for a few hours to dry out and then it's stored in the fridge or freezer in a ziplock bag until I need it for a recipe.  If I'm using it as flour I whizz it up a bit finer in the Nutribullet with the grinding blade on or in the food processor if I'm using that ... it saves on washing up that way ;-)

Today is a No Spend Day

2 comments:

  1. I love your permanent shopping list, it's such a clever idea; I will make one myself to make sure I never miss the basics. Thanks for the idea. I'm absolutely hopeless at shopping for food !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue just to let you know I have started my other new blog about saving on the groceries, if you have time please pop over and have a look, I would really value your opinion as you are an expert at challenges x

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are now closed.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.