Tuesday, 28 June 2016

Day 180 - Shopping with Lovely Hubby


Money Spent Today - 20p  Vouchers/Coupons/Points Spent - £4
Money Spent in Total - £245.53
Vouchers/Coupons/Points Spent in Total - £164.75
Money left in Housekeeping Fund - £83.18

Lovely Hubby wanted a sliced loaf at the weekend.  Things have been super busy here just recently and baking our own bread has been the last thing on my mind, and anyway I don't eat much bread during the week so I hadn't noticed that there was none at all in the freezer.

So while the car was in the garage getting a new bulb fitted we popped over to M&S to get a loaf.  Wanting to use my vouchers rather than cash meant I decided the '2 for £2.50' was quite a good deal and it meant we could have bought four loaves for a £5 voucher and tucked three of them into the freezer to save shopping trips like this one ... but a certain gentleman decided that a packet of Viennese Whirls was much more important than excess bread, so we went down that route and used a £4 voucher along with 20p in cash  ;-)


I didn't throw my receipt away and then fish it out of the bin .... it got very wet on the way back to the car.

3 comments:

  1. Sue, Are your Viennese cakes from the ambient or fridge section of M&S?
    We have a very large M&S Food recently opened near us but so far I haven't spotted the same boxes and I'm starting to get desperate now!
    Thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are from the ambient section, near the other cakes and those tubs of flapjacks and cornflake cakes that they sell. Our branch only started selling these a few months ago, Lovely Hubby was in the same desperate state as you until then ;-)

      Delete
    2. Thanks for letting me know, I shall probably pop across there tomorrow to look for them! Yum!

      Delete

Sorry comments are now closed.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.