Saturday, 25 June 2016

Day 177 - My 1p Tesco Shop


Money Spent Today - 1p  Vouchers/Coupons/Points Spent - £15.50
Money Spent in Total - £245.33
Vouchers/Coupons/Points Spent in Total - £159.75
Money left in Housekeeping Fund - £83.38

I took the last pack of Lurpak from the freezer the other day so I knew it was time to start looking around for an offer to restock the supply.  So I nipped into Tesco on my way home from an afternoon at the pictures to check prices.  The builders were banging and making so much noise that I decided for the sake of my sanity to get away for a couple of hours and went to see the new Melissa McCarthy film 'The Boss', we really enjoyed her in 'The Spy'.  Whatever you do do not go to see this film .... instead stay at home and get someone to hammer solidly for 90 minutes  .... it would be preferable!! 

Anyway when I got to Tesco they had Lurpak at £3.25 each or 2 for £4 - result!!


I had last months vouchers still in my purse so I decided I might as well stock up.  Four packs came to £8 so I decided to use up all the vouchers in one fell swoop and stock up with Mayo as we were on our last jar of that too.  The cheapest way to get this was to buy the smaller jars at £1 each (I did what I always do and checked the shelf edge label for the price per 100g).  So £6 on mayo ... which left me wondering what to get with the remaining £1.50 that would give us the most benefit.

I decided on two packs of bread rolls and three bottles of sparkling water which brought my total neatly up to £15.51 ..... just 1p needed to add to my £15.50 worth of vouchers - result!!


4 comments:

  1. As you like sparkling water, would one of those old fashioned sparkling drinks makers work for you? I see them now and then on Freegle, and I'm sure they turn up at boot fairs.
    Of course, you may prefer the taste of bought to fizzed up tap

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See FAQ for a detailed answer to this 😊

      Delete
  2. I bulk buy coffee and toilet rolls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My bulk buy of toilet rolls at the end of last year is still in use :-)

      I need to bulk buy some coffee soon, I've just opened my last jar :-(

      Delete

Sorry comments are now closed.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.