Sunday, 19 June 2016

Day 171 - Shopping at M&S for 87p


Money Spent Today - 87p  Vouchers/Coupons/Points Spent - £15.00
Money Spent in Total - £242.04
Vouchers/Coupons/Points Spent in Total - £144.25
Money left in Housekeeping Fund - £86.67

Just 87p and £15 worth of vouchers bought me this weeks shopping.

It's been a good month up to now with this being only my second lot of food shopping and we are more than halfway through June.  Looking at the photos from each shopping expedition highlights the few foods that we do seem to buy over and over again, which is exactly what I wanted to find out during the year of the Challenge.  I apologise if it's getting very repetitive and boring for those of you who are reading on a regular basis but this blog was never initially going to be read by anyone other than us.

Hopefully there will be even less to buy soon as my Cucumber plants are looking lovely and healthy in the polytunnel and should soon be providing us with more than enough cucumbers to munch through on a daily basis.  Our strawberries are just starting to ripen too ... but Lovely Hubby was in a fruit buying frenzy and wanted some NOW!!

It's just a shame my Pepper plants are still so tiny, I'll have to go and molly coddle them a bit and see if I can get them to put on some growth.


6 comments:

  1. My pepper plants are tiny too!! Not enough sun maybe?

    Your blog is definitely not boring, it's been interesting to see your shopping habits and compare them with mine. I'm also discovering patterns in what I buy and am trying to work out the most economical way of buying/growing/cooking some stuff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely not bored and I've been reading from the start. I gave up with my peppers, they've never grown more than a couple of cm, so had to buy some. Hoping for better next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not bored either. I wish our stores gave vouchers like your do that you can spend as you like. We have coupons for specific items, but they're generally for items I would never buy. Our peppers are doing well, but our tomatoes are all dying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I start my peppers in the conservatory in a small pot. I had 30 seedlings come up in a tiny space. Watered sparingly at first then m more as they grew to 3 inches tall. I then thinned them out into individual pots. I kept 20 and gave 10 away. They're over a foot tall now in the greenhouse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog and check in everyday. What keeps you motivated?

    ReplyDelete
  6. No boredom here, either. I'm always on the look out for patterns and better ways of doing the things I can and this blog has been a big help. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are now closed.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.