Friday, 3 June 2016

Day 155 - Shopping at M&S



Money Spent Today - £1.03   Vouchers/Coupons/Points Spent - £16.00
Money Spent in Total - £241.17
Vouchers/Coupons/Points Spent in Total - £129.25
Money left in Housekeeping Fund - £87.54

This weekends food shop includes a couple of 'treats'.  I've simply not had the time to bake this week, so I decided to grab a couple of our favourite M&S goodies, the Dutch Shortcakes and the Viennese Whirls.  It would have been a lot cheaper to make my own I guess ... but I'm not superwoman and have no intention of trying to be.  Sometimes you just have to be kind to yourself  :-)



The till spewed out another one of those £5 off a £35 shop when I paid for the shopping, it's in my purse just in case but I don't think I'll be using it.



3 comments:

  1. Oooh, Strawberry Viennese Whirls!
    Let me know what time you're opening the pack......I’ll be there!
    I have a relatively free day today, so I think the kitchen may see a batch of them getting made. I don't often bake, because I have no willpower and whatever I make is gone far too quickly.......but in the case of Viennese Whirls I'm prepared to make an exception!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a good thing for my waistline that M&S are no longer in Canada - their goodies are so lovely. My nana (from Edinburgh) used to say that if she ever won the football pools she was going to head to M & S's foodshop and buy whatever she wanted, including the fanciest gateaux they made!
    You are a wise woman to accept that you are not superwoman - it's a fact that took me a long time to realize (and having my body completely crash) to finally accept this. Now - I do what I can and what I like and everything else gets done whenever and if I have to buy instead of make from scratch - so be it! I think we all know how hard you are working now in your garden so the treats are well deserved - have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love M&S food, unfortunately for my waistline the M&S food hall is the closest place with a toilet when I am out working :( xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are now closed.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.