Sunday, 29 May 2016

Day 150 - Homemade Goodies


We are really trying not to buy any sweet treats at the moment, but stopping cold turkey is never easy and there's no reason why they should even be off the menu completely as long as we are both sensible, and of course making things for yourself means that the amount of sugar in any sweet treats can be reduced to more reasonable proportions.

So with all this in mind I have recently once again gone back to baking after a bit of a break.  This weekend's treat was a tin of oaty biscuits ... and very tasty they were too.  

The weekend is far from over but the tin is already empty!!

Today is a No Spend Day


4 comments:

  1. I've made two batches of choc and walnut cookies this week and they've gone. Nothing like homemade :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what puts me off baking - time spent doing it and then it all disappearing in an hour!! But home made is definitely best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm too tempted by baking and so is hubby. So I limit it. The only good thing about home baking is I can restrict the sugar I use and use fresh fruit instead, making it slightly healthier!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are now closed.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.