Sunday, 15 May 2016

Day 136 - Last Tomato Eaten


I need to go shopping I have just used the last of the tomatoes!!

I love tomatoes and usually grab them like sweeties whenever I go into the fridge. It's quite ironic that I will be nipping out tomorrow to buy some fresh supplies with this weeks (and last weeks) M&S voucher as I have just been potting up over thirty tomato plants in the polytunnel ... and that's just of one variety, there are lots more coming along of other types.  My aim is to grow lots this year and turn them into sauces and soups .... if I don't eat them all straight from the plants that is!

Actually I have just realised that on Monday I will have three of my £5 M&S vouchers available to spend as it will be the start of the third week of this Challenge!!

Roll on the free tomatoes :-)

Today is a No Spend Day
and I will Make It Through May

6 comments:

  1. Hope your plants are better than mine, they just don't seem to be growing this year. The weather is warming up so I'm hoping they will get bigger. Love mini cherry tomatoes, just like sweeties as you say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry too much, mine have only just got their first true leaves, it's been a chilly start to this year, they should come on in leaps and bounds over the next few weeks.

      Delete
  2. I bought 6 tomato plants and they all died :-( I'm hoping to replace them today.

    I'll be spending my M&S vouchers tomorrow. Only £10 (clearly using my credit card less nowadays) but I'll spend them wisely :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shops and garden centres lull us into buying much too early by selling their greenhouse raised plants in February and March. Now is the time to get good healthy tomato plants or even to plant some seeds. Late sown seeds almost always catch up with earlier sown ones.

      We use our card for everything possible and pay it off at the end of each month, but our vouchers will drop each time we get them over the course of this year.

      Delete
  3. I have 20 tomato plants that are romping to maturity. I want to start more plum variety and hope they're as successful. Love toms!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are trying a variety called Jersey Devil this year. I really hope we get some!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are now closed.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.