Friday, 13 May 2016

Day 134 - Books


One by one I am reading my way through my books.  

It's going to take some time, but during this year of not buying books I feel I am slowly but surely starting to make inroads into them.  

Some of them I have whizzed through, like the cook books I have picked up from car boot sales, bought because a cover caught my eye or just because who can say no to a glossy hardback cookbook for 20p ( I'll give you a clue .... not me!!), maybe copied a few things out of them and then added to my car boot sale pile, others I have realised how much I love and I have taken my time over, these are the ones have been placed back on the book shelves.  

I am trying to list all the books I read on the sidebar of this blog to give myself an idea of how many books I can read in a year, but I can't for the life of me remember the name of the fiction book I took on our weekend away.  It was a good read but not good enough to keep and I added it to the bookshelves of the cottage for someone else to read.  If I think of the title I will add it later on  :-)



I don't think I need to worry about running out of reading material this year .... or any year after for that matter.

Today is a No Spend Day
and I will Make It Through May

5 comments:

  1. I love that Sophie Grigson cook book, it has several of my favourite recipes in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed the Sophie Grigson book too. I don't have that one, but I do love the others I have by her, in particular Eat your Greens that accompanied a TV series she did years ago. I may also have abibliophobia, with (my husband would argue) particular reference to food and cookery books. Oh well, he likes eating the by-products :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've purchased several cookery books at your recommendation and like all of them. How did you do with the clothes closets, drawers, etc?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am enjoying your blog as I am at the same point in my life as you are. I am retired and downsizing my small caravan. Your tips are very useful. It is very difficult to keep up with the paper load and there is relentless purging. I buy used books and then recycle them to my local library. Keep blogging about your adventure. It is very entertaining and helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. laura blackpool13 May 2016 at 21:50

    Have you tried using good reads ? You can log all you read there and it keeps the records.for.you it's a very good website.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are now closed.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.