Tuesday, 5 April 2016

Day 96 - Well Stocked Tin


After a weekend away helping Lovely Hubby clean his old weekday digs ready for handing back the keys, and visiting his new place of weekday rest I came back home armed with rather a lot of sachets of assorted freebies to add to my little tin of delights.

It was a weekend of mostly eating and drinking out.  I took some supplies from home but needs must and we had a few meals out and lots of takeaway coffees.  So while it was all legal and above board to do so I helped myself to a few extra sauces, sweeteners and some sachets of salt and pepper.  Not to any excessive level just the amount I would have taken if I had been putting them on my meals which in most cases I was not.


Now we have a good little, or rather large actually, stash of things that will come in very handy for our soon to come holiday weekend in a little cottage in St Davids.  Much better than taking lots of bottles of stuff from home ... I like to travel light.

Today is a No Spend Day

13 comments:

  1. I take a few condiments when I am out too. I eat tomato ketchup only very rarely so having a couple of sachets to hand is great. Love the tin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh we love St Davids! We stayed in Solva on our honeymoon and walked around the Coastal Path several times. Hope you have a fab time 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your tin, is it one you bought recently? Would you be kind enough to tell me where it's from if you know please?
    Have a lovely break, I've just been reading about it on your other blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a present off my Mum a couple of years ago. She bought it for me when we were at Bents garden centre in Manchester, but I've seen them at other garden centres since. I have also seen it in other gift shops without the writing on it, just a little tin Aga.

      I just had a brainwave and nipped over to Amazon, they have it here -

      http://www.amazon.co.uk/Aga-AGACREAM-AGA-Oven-Shaped/dp/B00CZ8FTHE/ref=pd_sim_sbs_201_4?ie=UTF8&dpID=31-AaTHDvcL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=1A4TTP83Q95K3HEJ1J4Y

      Delete
    2. Also available here ... WITH biscuits in it -

      http://www.lakeland.co.uk/60602/Aga-Biscuit-Tin

      Delete
  4. Was just about to say Lakeland! We collect samples of tomato ketchup mainly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We always collect sugar sachets for the boat. We don't take sugar but they always come in handy for guests xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous tin, will be popping over to Amazon shortly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your lovely husband's weekday rest place ?? Intrigued - do you have one also ??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I work on our smallholding 24/7. I am however also Managing Director of our company but work from home :-)

      Delete

Sorry comments are now closed.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.