Saturday, 30 April 2016

Day 121 - Banana Icecream


Banana ice-cream  must be the simplest recipe ever!!

Ingredients
Bananas

Method
Freeze your bananas in chunks overnight.
Whizz them up in a food processor until it looks like ice-cream.
Put into a freezer box and eat with whatever you would normally have ice-cream with or just on its own.

Strangest thing - it doesn't taste very banana-y at all !!

You can get all creative and add some extras if you want to, I added a splash of Vanilla Extract to this batch, I think chocolate chips might be nice or some crushed nuts, even if the fancy takes you some crushed Maltesers or Crunchie bars.

This fills all my ice-cream cravings, as I am finding ice-cream is the one thing that blocks my sinuses more than anything else with dairy in it ... except milk!!

Today is a No Spend Day


8 comments:

  1. Peanut butter and chocolate is a popular combination here in the USA. I've had luck with blending a couple of tablespoons of nut butter in with the bananas and then sprinkling it with chocolate chips or shavings right before serving. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How many bananas did you use please

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dont know about Sue's but I've put a receipe further down if that helps.

      Delete
    2. I used 4 small ones that I had popped in the freezer skin and all before we went away for the weekend, they would have gone too ripe to eat by the time we got back. So I did have to peel them with a knife ;-)

      Delete
  3. I love mango mixed in with mine :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks good. If you fancy experimenting my vegan friend makes the following...
    Three bananas one teaspoon of vanilla essence
    Two bananas and one cup of frozen berries
    Three bananas and three tablespoons of cocoa and one tablespoon of coconut oil
    Does each section separately in a processor then scoops into a silicon lasagne tray pops into freezer. Its vegan no dairy very healthy very vibrant and has 3 flavours so its like neopolitan ice cream vanilla/banana, banana/berry which comes out incredibly pink, banana/chocolate so it comes out chocolate coloured, :) yummy


    Tesco also sell swedish glaze dairy free icecream which is lovely. For those that dont want to or cant make there own

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are now closed.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.